Obsoleting unmaintained targets

In the GCC 3.4 release (still some time in the future), the GCC developers are obsoleting a number of old unmaintained targets. Obsoleting these old systems allows the development team to focus its limited resources to support those systems that are used by more people.

These targets can still be configured by using the --enable-obsolete option. If no one steps forward to maintain these targets, they will be deleted in a future gcc release.

Below, please find the complete list, in the form of GNU target triplets. This has been extensively revised from the list that was originally posted in March.

If you feel strongly that support for one of these targets should not be removed, please contact us by email to gcc@gcc.gnu.org. Traditionally, GCC has been more receptive to requests that a particular target not be removed if a volunteer is available to maintain that target, so if you're interested in volunteering you should state that explicitly. Also, "there are 1000 of us using this machine heavily all day long and we were planning to upgrade to GCC 3.4" is probably more likely to sway the development team than "I think there is still one of those in my closet." :-)

All targets for these architectures have been obsoleted:
	d30v-*
	dsp16xx-*
	i370-*
	i960-*

Individual targets that have been obsoleted:
	i?86-moss-msdos
	i?86-*-moss*
	i?86-ncr-sysv4*
	i?86-*-netware
	i?86-*-freebsd2*
	i?86-*-freebsd*aout*
	i?86-*-linux*aout*
	i?86-*-linux*libc1*
	# This does not affect Interix3 support which remains.
	i?86-*-interix
	i?86-*-mach*
	i?86-*-udk*
	i?86-*-sysv[123]*
	i386-*-vsta

	m68k-hp-hpux*
	m68000-hp-hpux*
	m68k-*-sysv4*

	# This is only the a.out netbsd targets, the elf netbsd targets
	# remain.
	m68k*-*-netbsd*

	# This is only the default target, which is no longer useful.
	# The *BSD, Ultrix, and Sysv targets remain.
	vax-*-*