Target Deprecation

In the GCC 3.4 release (still some time in the future), the GCC
developers intend to remove a number of obsolete target systems.
Removing these old systems allows the development team to focus its
limited resources to support those systems that are used by more people.

Below, please find the complete list, in the form of GNU target
triplets.

If you feel strongly that support for one of these targets should not be
removed, please contact me by email ASAP.  (I will maintain the list.)
Traditionally, GCC has been more receptive to requests that a particular
target not be removed if a volunteer is available to maintain that
target, so if you're interested in volunteering you should state that
explicitly.  Also, "there are 1000 of us using this machine heavily all
day long and we were planning to upgrade to GCC 3.4" is probably more
likely to sway the development team than "I think there is still one of
those in my closet." :-)

        arc-*-*
        i960-*-*
        m88k-*-*
        romp-*-*

        alpha*-*-interix*
        alpha*-*-linux*libc1*
        alpha*-*-linux*ecoff*

        arm*-*-aout*
        arm*-*-conix*
        arm*-*-oabi
        strongarm-*-coff*

        hppa1.0-*-osf*
        hppa1.0-*-bsd*
        hppa1.[01]-*-hpux[789]*
        hppa*-*-hiux*
        hppa*-*-lites*
        hppa*-*-mpeix*

        i?86-ncr-*
        i?86-sequent-*
        i?86-moss-*
        i?86-*-netware
        i?86-*-freebsd2*
        i?86-*-netbsd*aout*
        i?86-*-linux*aout*
        i?86-*-moss*
        i?86-*-sysv3*
        i?86-*-interix # not interix3
        i?86-*-win32

        m68000-hp-bsd*
        m68000-hp-hpux*
        m68000-sun-sunos*
        m68000-att-sysv*
        m68k-atari-sysv*
        m68k-motorola-sysv*
        m68k-ncr-sysv*
        m68k-plexus-sysv*
        m68k-tti-*
        m68k-crds-unos*
        m68k-cbm-sysv*
        m68k-ccur-rtu*
        m68k-hp-bsd*
        m68k-hp-hpux*
        m68k-sun-mach*
        m68k-sun-sunos*
        m68k-*-linux*aout*
        m68k-*-linux*libc1
        m68k-*-psos*

        mips*-*-ecoff*
        mips-sni-sysv4
        mips64orion-*-rtems*

        powerpc*-*-sysv*  # generic only; consider -elf instead
        powerpc*-*-linux*libc1
        rs6000-ibm-aix[123]*
        rs6000-bull-bosx
        rs6000-*-mach*