This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 3.2 Released
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-announce at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:07:27 -0000
- Subject: GCC 3.2 Released
The GCC 3.2 release is now available, or making its way to,
the GNU FTP sites:
The purpose of this release is to provide a stable platform for
OS distributors to use building their next OS releases. A
primary objective was to stabilize the C++ ABI; we believe that
the interface to the compiler and the C++ standard library are
There are almost no other bug-fixes or improvements in this
compiler, relative to GCC 3.1.1. Be aware that C++ code compiled
by GCC 3.2 will not interoperate with code compiled by GCC 3.1.1.
More detail about the release is available here:
Many people contributed to this release -- too many to name here!
Your Release Manager,