Re: [Patch, fortran] PR65792 - allocation of scalar elemental function with structure constructor fails

Dear All,

By the time I went to commit, something had changed and the patch
caused a regression. I presume that the version that I had of Andre's
patch was not the same as the one committed. I'll cast an eye over it
this weekend and see if I can understand what gives.

Cheers

paul

On 27 April 2015 at 22:42, Paul Richard Thomas
<paul.richard.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Steve,
>
> Thanks for the review. I THINK that I know what I meant in the comment
> :-) I will commit tomorrow night.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>
> On 26 April 2015 at 20:53, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 08:35:06PM +0200, Paul Richard Thomas wrote:
>>>
>>> --- 7062,7091 ----
>>>       {
>>>         if (expr->expr_type != EXPR_STRUCTURE)
>>>       {
>>> +       tree dealloc = NULL_TREE;
>>>         gfc_init_se (&se, NULL);
>>>         gfc_conv_expr (&se, expr);
>>>         gfc_add_block_to_block (&block, &se.pre);
>>> +       /* Prevent repeat evaluations in gfc_copy_alloc_comp by fixing the
>>> +          expression in  a temporary variable and deallocate is allocatable
>>> +          components the copy to the result.  */
>>
>> Can you take a second shot at this comment?  The "and ..." portions
>> seems to be a little muddled.
>>
>> OK with after comment fix.
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>

> --
> Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's
> too dark to read.
>
> Groucho Marx

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx