Re: [Patch, Fortran, pr60322] was: [Patch 1/2, Fortran, pr60322] [OOP] Incorrect bounds on polymorphic dummy array

Hi Andre,

> Le 24 mars 2015 Ã 18:06, Andre Vehreschild <vehre@gmx.de> a Ãcrit :
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have worked on the comments Mikael gave me. I am now checking for
> class_pointer in the way he pointed out.
>
> Furthermore did I *join the two parts* of the patch into this one, because
> keeping both in sync was no benefit but only tedious and did not prove to be
> reviewed faster.

Are you sure that you attached the right patch? It does not apply on a clean tree unless I apply the patch at

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2015-02/msg00105.html

with minor surgery for gcc/fortran/expr.c.

> Paul, Dominique: I have addressed the LOC issue that came up lately. Or rather
> the patch addressed it already. I feel like this is not tested very well, not
> the loc() call nor the sizeof() call as given in the 57305 second's download.

The ICE is fixed and the LOC issue seems fixed.

> Unfortunately, is that download not runable. I would love to see a test similar
> to that download, but couldn't come up with one, that satisfied me. Given that
> the patch's review will last some days, I still have enough time to come up
> with something beautiful which I will add then.

I have changed the test to

use iso_c_binding
implicit none
real, target :: e
class(*), allocatable, target :: a(:)
e = 1.0
call add_element_poly(a,e)
print *, size(a)
call add_element_poly(a,e)
print *, size(a)
select type (a)
  type is (real)
    print *, a
end select
contains
    subroutine add_element_poly(a,e)
      use iso_c_binding
      class(*),allocatable,intent(inout),target :: a(:)
      class(*),intent(in),target :: e
      class(*),allocatable,target :: tmp(:)
      type(c_ptr) :: dummy

      interface
        function memcpy(dest,src,n) bind(C,name="memcpy") result(res)
          import
          type(c_ptr) :: res
          integer(c_intptr_t),value :: dest
          integer(c_intptr_t),value :: src
          integer(c_size_t),value :: n
        end function
      end interface

      if (.not.allocated(a)) then
        allocate(a(1), source=e)
      else
        print *, size(a)
        allocate(tmp(size(a)),source=a)
        print *, size(a), size(tmp) + 1
        print *, loc(a(1)),loc(tmp),sizeof(tmp)
        deallocate(a)
!        allocate(a(size(tmp)+1),mold=e)
        allocate(a(size(tmp)+1),source=e)
        print *, size(a), size(tmp)
        dummy = memcpy(loc(a(1)),loc(tmp),sizeof(tmp))
        dummy = memcpy(loc(a(size(tmp)+1)),loc(e),sizeof(e))
      end if
    end subroutine
end

As pointed by Paul, I get a segfault at run time if I use the commented line, i.e. âmoldâ instead of âsourceâ.

> Bootstraps and regtests ok on x86_64-linux-gnu/F20.
>
> Regards,
> 	Andre

Thanks for your work.

Dominique