Re: [OpenCoarrays] Re: Block construct and sync all behavior

On Oct 21, 2014, at 12:40 AM, N.M. Maclaren <nmm1@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
But, as you say, I/O synchronisation is
> not part of the coarray design or gfortran run-time system.

That’s fine as a design decision, but what in the standard communicates this design decision?   When I read “8.5.3 SYNC ALL statement” in a draft of the Fortran 2008 standard, I see nothing that would make it clear to a novice that segment ordering does not imply ordering of I/O.  It would be nice to see a note of warning.

Damian