Re: *ping* - [Patch, Fortran] Coarray fixes for select type/associate and type of derived components

Another somewhat early PING**2

On June 29, 2014, Tobias Burnus wrote:
This patch fixes some issues with polymorphic coarrays. I still have to fix at least one issue.

Fixed by the patch:

a) The temporary pointer generated with SELECT TYPE has to be a coarray. That's fixed with the resolve.c patch. The comment is also bogus: The comment is correct â and gfortran correctly detects coindexed variables as selector. However, in the code in question, the selector is not coindexed but the variable in the coindexed section is.

b) It doesn't make sense to try to initialize the temporary pointer of SELECT TYPE (or ASSOCIATE), thus we have to exclude it also in trans-decl.c

c) As the temporary variable is internally a pointer, the assert in trans-array.c also has to accept a pointer â even though coarrays with token in the descriptor can only be allocatable. But for code like "a(1)[1])", "a(1)" is not longer a pointer â and one ends up having an akind of unknown. Instead of adding all kind of values, I simply removed the assert.

d) In trans-intrinsic.c, one has a similar issue. We now avoid an ICE by checking whether the variable is set before accessing it.

e) For caf(:)[i]%a, we had the dtype of the descriptor of "caf" instead of "...%a". That's now fixed.

Build and regtested on x86-64-gnu-linux.
OK for the trunk?

Tobias

PS: Still to be done for coarrays: Nonallocatable polymorphic coarray dummies. For those, the offset and the token is passed as additional argument â but that's not yet correctly handled with ASSOCIATE/SELECT TYPE. Also to be done are more type-conversion checks (beyond those which are implicitly checked by this patch) â and the handling of vector subscripts.