Re: What is the equivalence option to ' -q -W -w -N109 -C' of f77?

> I have some old code that is compiled with f77 with the option ' -q -W -w -N109 -C'

I'll try and use my crystal ball. -N109 seems typical of the old Absoft Fortran 77 compiler, so I'll assume that's what you used. The options thus have the following meaning:

  -q means "Suppress  any  messages  to standard output from the compiler"; I think it's better not to use that
  -W means "Accept the FORTRAN source code in wide format up to 132 columns instead of the standard 72"; gfortran's equivalent is -ffixed-line-length-132
  -w means "Suppress  any compiler warnings to standard output"; again, avoid that
  -C means "Enable run time checking of  array  indices", for which the gfortran equivalent is "-fbounds-check=all"
  -N109 means "Fold all symbolic names to upper case"; gfortran has no equivalent option

So, your best chance is to compile everything with "-std=legacy -ffixed-line-length-132 -fbounds-check=all" and hope it works. If you really need symbolic names be uppercase (the only example I can think of is because you link to a library with uppercase symbol names), then you will need to modify the source (or recompile the library).

FX