Re: Lahey Fortran .eq. gfortran

On 20/04/2013 16:48, FX wrote:
I'm a bit surprised but excited to see that Lahey now distributes "our" GFortran: http://www.polyhedron.com/LGF001
This once again confirms how far GFortran has come, thanks to all of you!
It sure is nice! Especially considering the excellent reputation of Lahey regarding code correctness and standard conformance.

However, I would add that I find it a bit odd that they would publish such a product, yet (a) not post any sort of announcement here, (b) not contribute to GNU Fortran by helping its development, submitting bug reports, or even documentation. But we can hope that at some point they see the benefit in that, now that their product is based on gfortran!

FX

Hi

Lahey software developers are pleased to hear about your excitement and apologize for not yet posting an announcement, which they intend to do soon. They will certainly contribute to GCC development in any way that they can as issues arise. Furthermore, they pledge to donate part of their net revenues to support open source and GFortran – in fact, it is stated in their documentation (see http://www.lahey.com/docs/lgf10help/hh_start.htm).

Best regards
Sue

--
Sue Taylor  sue.taylor@polyhedron.com
  Polyhedron Software Ltd.   VAT number : GB 537 3214 57

  Programs for Programmers, QA, Compilers, Tools, Graphics, Consultancy
********* Visit our Web site on http://www.polyhedron.com/ *********

The contents of this email are confidential and intended solely for the
 named recipient.  It must not be forwarded or otherwise distributed
          without the consent of Polyhedron Software.