Re: cray pointer behavior in 4.6 (bug?)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012, N.M. Maclaren wrote:

If you could summarise the specific problems in an Email to me, I will
try to see if they can be tackled in WG5 - this mailing list is not the
best place for such discussions.  But be warned that standards work is
like the mating of elephants - it takes place a long way above the
ground, deep in the jungle, and it's a long time before anything
appears as a result.  If they are specific defects in gfortran, they
should be handled as bugs, of course, but my suspicion is that you may
have hit some of the issues in the specification.

I'm afraid that I don't have the details. A different person was the point man on this part of the project at the time and there is not documentation on the difficulties that he ran into.

I'll certainly send any info along to the list when I encounter them in the future.

Thanks,

Ryan