Re: Requesting gfortran binaries for Linux & Windows

On 03/19/2012 04:27 PM, Rouson, Damian wrote:
GFortran developers,

Would someone be willing to update the GFortran Binaries page
(http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries) with binaries for Linux and
Windows sometime this week?  It's a nice coincidence that the target date
for releasing gcc 4.7.0 is the end of this week
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-03/msg00194.html).  My next short course
on OOP in Fortran 2003 is next Monday through Wednesday
(http://www.nersc.gov/users/training/nersc-training-events/oop-fortran/)
and gfortran correctly builds all of the student exercises for the course
so it would be great for students to have an open-source compiler option.
I'll ask students who have Mac OS X machines to simply update to the
latest gcc 4.7 build available via macports (http://www.macports.org/),
but would like a simple option for the other operating systems.

I just completed a Cygwin build of 4.8 last night. I need to package it and see if I can get it uploaded after some testing.

Jerry