Re: [Patch, fortran, RFC] PR 40958 Reduce size of module files

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@netcologne.de> wrote:

> Currently, module reading really is horribly inefficient. ?What I
> implemented on the fly last night was just a bit more sane one-byte
> buffering. ?As a minumum, we should implement a bigger buffer for module
> files to reduce the seeking.

As Janne mentioned. an obvious solution would be to read the whole
module file in memory and parse from there; this would be completely
and safely orthogonal to writing the file in gzip format. A cache of
read module files would also make sense.

Salvatore