Re: Problem with duplicate symbols when using gfortran 4.6 that are not present when using gfortran 4.5

Hello,

On 11/11/2011 12:19 PM, Arjen Markus wrote:
- The Fortran 95 examples in that project can be built without a
problem, when using gfortran 4.5, but
   when using gfortran 4.6, the linker complains about duplicate
symbols, such as __gfortran_getarg_i4.

In principle, there was no change between 4.5 and 4.6 with regards to those symbols. Are you by chance mixing two differently compiled object files with either static libgfortran linking or using some fancy option like -mrtd?

You wrote elsewhere that you use equation.com's GCC compiler. I think you should consider trying another one. I don't have any experience with their compiler myself, but I know that equation.com's MinGW64 compiler crashes when compiling the polyhedron benchmark while a build from mingw64.sf.net does not.

I will try and concoct a small example, if there should be a need for
that. My main goal is to be able to compile and link these examples _without_ any special options. I hope my decription is clear enough.

I think a small example would be great. (After you have checked that it is not due to the equation.com issue.) Additionally, it would be helpful to know whether there are multiple versions of GCC installed and which (compile and) link options do you use. Do you create first a library (static? DLL?) and then link it? Or do simply link simple .o files consisting of the "library" and the test program?

Tobias