Re: GCC 4.7.0 Status Report (2011-10-11)

Dear Tobias,

Thanks for circulating the status report.

> * Pending "larger" code changes:
> - Constructor patch: Should be committed soon to allow time for finding
> regressions. Draft patch (~10 unique regression failures) and status:
> https://userpage.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/tmp/constructor.diff
> - Paul's polymorphic arrays patch

I can confirm that I am on track to submit this patch towards the end
of next week:
(i) It now works correctly for pointer and allocatable arrays;
(ii) Allocate and deallocate work correctly for CLASS objects.  I have
not tried CLASS components yet;
(iii) The scalarizer has been deployed correctly do the the copy of
the SOURCE to the allocated array; and
(iv) SELECT TYPE works correctly with TYPE(mytype) blocks.  I have not
checked CLASS blocks but am confident that this is a small matter.
(v) There is a small number of regressions that I had already fixed in
a previous manifestation of the patch - I just have to find the fixes
and incorporate them.

I hope to get other uses of the scalarizer into play, such as passing
of CLASS arrays to elemental procedures.  A large amount of cleaning
up must be done but I believe, as I said above, that a timescale of a
week is realistic, even if I have to submit with some features still
missing.

With best regards

Paul