Re: [Patch, fortran] Fix PR fortran/50050 breakage: ICE on valid with null pointer initialization

On 08/24/2011 12:01 AM, Mikael Morin wrote:
this is an attempt to fix my recent breakage for PR50050.
I forgot that shape can't always be known, and thus, that for some
expressions, the shape field is a NULL pointer.

Neither bootstraped, nor regression tested, but it is in progress. My machine
does its best (which is not a lot) to have this properly compiled and tested
(and then committed) as soon as possible.
Otherwise OK for 4.{4..7} ?

OK for 4.6 and 4.7 (after regtesting).

As 4.4 and 4.5 are not affected by this regression and only by the original bug (comment 0 of PR 50050), please wait a while before committing the combined patch to older branches. (One could also consider whether having 50050c0 fixed on 4.6/4.7 is sufficient.)

Tobias

PS: I think older GCC versions are mainly of interest for enterprise distributions. Others either have newer versions or won't update. Currently used GCC versions are: RHEL 6 uses GCC 4.4 (RHEL 5 has it as tech preview), Ubuntu long-term support (LTS) has also 4.4, while SLES has 4.5 as tech preview (and 4.3 as system compiler.)

PPS: I am looking for someone to review my simple regression fix [4.3 to 4.7] at
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2011-08/msg00186.html
it *should* be safe - see last comment in the PR for a bit more context.

Additionally, I have a -fcoarray=lib patch pending, which should be also rather simple though one could discuss about the ABI:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2011-08/msg00182.html