Re: ICE when using derived type with c_ptr component

Hi Andrew,

> I couldn't find a anything which looks like this open in bugzilla.

well, if it's fixed in recent versions, then the corresponding PR will
be closed already.

> The ICE goes away if I remove the " = c_null_ptr" or if I replace the two "use
> typeMod"s with a single one in the scope of "testMod". The code compiles
> correctly with gfortran 4.6.0 - I haven't tried it with any other versions.

It also works for me with 4.5.4. Would be great if you could update at
least to 4.5.x.

If we can identify the fix for this bug and if it's simple, one could
also consider backporting to 4.4. On the other hand, 4.4 is quite old
yet, and I don't think there will be an awful lot of releases to come
in the 4.4.x series.

Cheers,
Janus