Re: [Patch, Fortran, OOP] PR 49638: [OOP] length parameter is ignored when overriding type bound character functions with constant length.

>> Alright then. How about this: I'll commit the attached verision of the
>> patch (including your suggestions), and we start messing with the
>> return values afterwards? Patch is regtested on
>> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. I hope the test case is sufficient for a
>> start.
>
> This is OK. ?Thanks for the patch (and for bearing with me ;-)

Well, thanks for the thorough discussion :)

Committed as r177550.

> When extending the values of gfc_dep_compare_expr, we will need to go
> through all its uses (making sure we change == -2 to <= -2).

Right. I will try to take care of that during the coming week (unless
you beat me to it).

Cheers,
Janus