This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 49324: Deep copy array constr of DT with allocatable components
- From: jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at charter dot net>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:37:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 49324: Deep copy array constr of DT with allocatable components
- References: <4DF20A1D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06/10/2011 05:12 AM, Tobias Burnus wrote:
This patch fixes parts of the PR 49324: There was a deep copy missing for
assigning an array constructor of a DT with allocatable components.
Whether a deep copy is done, depends on a flag. I think the flag has been added
to avoid a deep copy and multiple evaluation for functions, which return DT w/
allocatable components, and for user-defined operators.
Remains to do be done:
- RESHAPE is mishandled (design error): No deep copy.
- Reallocate on assignment fails (missing NULL initialization of the malloced
Build and regtested on x86-64-linux. OK?
OK, thanks for patch.