Re: Error: FUNCTION attribute conflicts with SUBROUTINE attribute

Janus Weil wrote:
Hi Scott,

I don't understand what this error means, since the offending code at
(1) is not shown. And I don't understand why the error is occurring when
I compile the second file rather than the first file, since the first
file appears to contain the offending code. Is this a compiler error or
is the code invalid?

It appears that line 10 in the second module in the other file
is the problem.

I guess what Steve is trying to say is: Please show us the full code, otherwise we can just guess what the problem might be. Also: What version of gfortran are you using?

Right, I didn't post all of the code because that would be impractical. I will have to try and reproduce the problem with a small example that can be posted. I'm using gfortran 4.6 on Mac OS X snow leopard.

Scott