Re: [testsuite] Compile gfortran.dg/fmt_g0_6.f08 with -ffloat-store [fwd: tobias.burnus@physik.fu-berlin.de]

On 05/03/2011 03:14 AM, Tobias Burnus wrote:
Rainer,

Rainer Orth wrote:
Jerry DeLisle wrote:
This is OK.  We are working on a solution, so maybe it would be better to
XFAIL it so that when it does get fixed it will be flagged. It also fails
on i686-pc-gnu.

is this a solution for this particular case or for the general need to sometimes use -ffloat-store? In the former case, I'd agree, in the latter it's probably better to consistently use -ffloat-store in the testcases and review those uses once a solution is in place.

I think the issue is PR 48602 - wrong I/O output due to wrong rounding and algorithm bugs. The PR has been mostly fixed, but the excess precision of the x87 processor still causes failures. One solution might be to compile the whole libgfortran/io/ with -fexcess-precision=standard. Adding a single "asm volatile ("" : "+m" (temp))" proved to be insufficient.

Tobias

PS: Especially as you are listed as testsuite maintainer, I would be
happy if you could comment on the testsuite patch at
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2011-04/msg00331.html

My goal is to completely not use any floating point operations for that section of code. We have a concept on how to do it. I am still working out tweaks to 48787, then I will turn my attention to this. Feel free to quiet that test case any way you wish in the meantime.

Jerry