Re: Implement stack arrays even for unknown sizes

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@netcologne.de> wrote:
> Am 14.04.2011 21:54, schrieb Tobias Burnus:
>>
>> Thus, the program is twice as fast with the special inline setting. But
>> as users will typically never set more than "-O3 -march=native
>> -ffast-math" (and maybe: -funroll-loops), the inline opportunity is lost
>> in real life.
>
> Should we maybe tune the inline parameter for Fortran with -Ofast? ?I expect
> that option to be used a lot.

The issue with inlining and Fortran is that Fortran has no inline declared
functions and thus at all optimization levels is limited by
--param max-inline-insns-auto (which is 40 by default).  Inline declared
functions would have a much larger limit (400).

Richard.