Re: MSG BOX

On 4/9/2011 8:47 AM, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
On 04/09/2011 06:23 AM, Mcgroder, James wrote:
Thanks Brad... I didn't get very far W/ Jerry's solution. From what I
read, the compiler version I'm using wouldn't even work for that
code... dislin looks to be a much better fit for my needs.

Yes, dislin works quite well. The gtk interfaces work quite well also, but they require some gfortran bug fixes which have not made it down stream yet. Stay tuned. ;)

I have this compiling now and am working out some details on it. The
user function myfunction returns an x, y data point which is called by
the run procedure. It opens a window with title and plots the data in
the window. Of course we are not trying to replace dislin at all. We are
just creating some simple tools to do some simple things, including
testing gfortran and some important research.

Just to be clear, I am very much interested in seeing the gtk interface successfully ported to gfortran, and appreciate all of the work that is being done to reach that goal. It will open up many new possibilities for gui development with Fortran. I was only suggesting dislin since it is easy to get a fairly simple set of widgets working with a program.