re: Building gfortran for Freescale 8640D, VxWorks 6.6

Hi Bill,

This answer is only focused on the gfortran run time library.  I assume
that the compiler itself will 'just work' if gcc does for your target.

The first thing we have to do is determine which  'c' lib routines the
run-time uses vs. what facilities VX works provides.  This would be
functions like 'open' and 'write' and 'read' and 'sigsetmask'.

You can then file a bug report, and it will get fixed.  Eventually.  Or
you can fix it yourself, send a patch, and someone will review it and
commit it to the source repository

I would suggest that you set up an account on your compilation system
that would provide ssh access.  There is a good chance a volunteer will
step up to help with this, but they will need a place to work.

There are companies that provide gcc support for $$.  It is a good
option if you have schedule constraints.  All of the gfortran regulars
are volunteers, so things happen when they happen.

Regards,
Bud davis