Re: complex functions and exceptional values

On Jan 21 2011, Steve Kargl wrote:

>Do we have a problem with complex function in gfortran?

Even now, the Fortran community is sufficiently clued-up that it
will not accept an abomination like C99 Annex G (which becomes
normative in C1X).  So please DON'T follow that.

I do not have choice. I'm implementing missing functionality in FreeBSD's libm, which needs to follow C99 Annex G.

1) Why? It's not normative.

   2) In any case, it's so ambiguous, contradictory and plain broken
that no two implementations will be comparable.

Let's take a trivial example: the division code.  That manages to be
more complicated, inefficient AND erroneous - simultaneously - than
the obvious code!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.