Re: fortran bug posted to gcc.gnu.org

On 12/31/2010 09:40 AM, Steve Kargl wrote:
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 03:58:56PM +0000, Davis, Jimmie wrote:

has anyone answered this yet ?

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-12/msg00472.html

I haven't. The poster should send email to fortran@ or open a PR. The poster did not send the code and data files that show the problem, so there is nothing to debug. In fact, the poster seems to have that "1.2345<EOF>" in read statement is invalid for input, yet feels that gfortran should ignore the problem and follow his END=. The real problem is his code code should use ERR=.

Jimmie, thanks for pointing this out. I did not see it.

Well I think Steve is probably right. END= is distinctly different from ERR=. Also, if gfortran sees a CR by itself on a UNIX system, it is likely to not work because the usual end of record marker is an LF.

I have attempted to copy Lawrence here.

Lawrence, please send us a small code snippet that causes the issue you see and the resulting output. We will see if we can help you with this. (Note fortraners monitor fortran@gcc.gnu.org)

Regards,

Jerry