Re: [Patch, libgomp, testsuite] add libgfortran.spec.

On 25 Nov 2010, at 18:11, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:18:41AM +0000, IainS wrote:
This will allow fortran  libgomp tests to use libquadmath when
required (I'm told none do yet).
.. but it will also ensure that, if the libgfortran.spec includes
substitutions, they are available in the testsuite.

checked (in conjunction with
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2010-11/msg00348.html) that the static
lib substitution occurs properly for i686-darwin9.

OK for trunk (with a proper Changelog, of course)?

This is wrong. If anything (we don't have any test that needs it),

well, we can't test -static-libgfortran without it on darwin (assuming that we implement that).

it should be adding -B${blddir}/${lang_spec_path}/ being added,
to let the driver find it automatically if it wants to.
But forcing -specs when the driver doesn't want it just means
we would be testing something that isn't done in the installed compiler.

AFAIU, the installed driver is gfortran - which understands/adds the spec...

... the libgomp testsuite is driven by xgcc - which doesn't.

(I believe you would have to do the same if you wished to build a quadmath fortran program from the c/l using 'gcc')

Iain