Re: [Patch, fortran] PR 45745: [4.6 Regression] ICE in gfc_conv_array_stride

Dear Mikael,

> As explained in the PR, while working on PR45648 I noticed the [ss->expr !=
> expr] condition was sufficient to distinguish elemental function calls, as
> claimed by a comment [/* Elemental function. ?*/]. Thus, I dropped the
> additional condition.

I did wonder about that but did not succeed in breaking it.  Then I
became distracted by that stupidity over the loop exit condition :-(

> However, the code block was also supposed to be hit for (non-elemental) bounds
> intrinsics.
> This restores the additional [ || ss->type != GFC_SS_FUNCTION] condition which
> had been dropped.

OK

> I attach a -b version of the patch (read-only) and the normal one (write-
> only). The test is the reduced one, but I can put the original one (not much
> bigger) if someone prefer.

No, I think that the reduced test is fine.

> Regression tested on x86_64-unknown-freebsd8.0. OK for trunk ?

OK - thanks for responding so quickly.

It's ironic that it is the tidy-up rather than the fix for PR45648
that caused the regression.....

Cheers

Paul