Re: problem with understanding (array)

2010/8/23 Tobias Burnus <burnus@net-b.de>:
> ?On 08/23/2010 03:19 PM, Tim Prince wrote:
>>
>> On 8/23/2010 5:40 AM, anton_helm wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe a short snapshot for understanding:
>>> MAIN PROGRAM
>>> :
>>> integer*8 part_ind(N_p_t_max)
>>> :
>>> CALL profile(x,y,z, part_ind)
>>> :
>>> END MAIN PROGRAM
>
> The problem is in the ":" parts: First, it is always there where the
> omissions are; secondly, depending on the omissions the program can be
> valid.
>
> Additionally, do not re-type the program but paste the true program. I doubt
> that it uses "MAIN PROGRAM" because that the wrong syntax.
>
> Thus, it is best to create a minimal program showing the error and not some
> explanation. The chance that the problem lies there where you think is low
> as otherwise you would probably have found it already.
>
>> You don't show what you mean by "Set as global." ?That's probably the
>> issue; you would need some declaration of it in each subroutine.
>
> I agree with Tim that this is one of the crucial questions, which need to be
> answered - but not the only one.
>
> Tobias
>
> Tobias

Well. I can't send you the total source code, cause it's around 4MB
and I'm only editing it.
With the ":" I tried to explain the that this are the part's which
don't read, write or change anything on the parameter 'part_ind'. I
started working with Fortran only a few weeks ago and I thought it's
only a small mistake in the understanding of working with arrays .

"Set as global" -> It's added in a COMMON-Block and this Common-Block
is included in all subroutines.

>integer*8 isn't f90

Ok. I use:
- intel/64/opt/11.1
- openmpi/1.3.3

And compile it with mpif90. I thought it's F90. I just want an array
with 64bit Integer. How does it work?