Re: Copyright years in gfortran.info.

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 05:14:43PM +0200, Toon Moene wrote:
> On 06/05/2010 04:45 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 02:34:33PM +0200, Toon Moene wrote:
>
> >>RMS wrote the Steering Committee mailing list that Christophe Jarry
> >>pointed out to him that the copyright years in gfortran.texi have the
> >>wrong format (among other mistakes):
> >>
> >>   -'gfortran.info' is copyrighted by the FSF '1999-2008', although it
> >>should be under the form '1999, 2000, [other years], 2008';
> >>
> >>If someone happens to edit this file, could s/he change this too.
> >>
> >>If noone works on this file I'll do it.
>
> >Let me see if I got the chain straight:
> >Christophe ->  rms ->  gcc SC (gerald, toon) ->  fortran@
> >and no one in that chain is capable of attaching
> >a one line patch and ChangeLog entry.  The mind boogles.
> >Toon please tell the SC to tell rms to tell Christophe
> >to submit a patch for review.
>
> Well, Christophe only detected that it wasn't in the right format.  If I
> understand the (copyright) issues correctly, the years that have to be
> mentioned on the 'Copyrighted' line are the years we actually changed
> something to this file.
>
> This might take some digging to get right ...

Is 'svn log gfortran.info' too difficult for someone in that chain
of people to type?  I'm surprised I need to remind those involved,
but here's "How FOSS works in 3 easy stops:  1) Find a problem.
2) Fix the problem. 3) Submit a patch."

I'm still trying to detemine which is more comical: the above
chain of individuals that are incapable of attaching a patch or
the two initial emails from gerald and you instead of just
fixing the issue.

--
Steve