Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 44213: ICE when extending abstract type

On 2010-05-21 19:32, Janus Weil wrote:
First, can you fix your mailer? It regards both attachments as binaries:

Oops, sorry. Gmail is to blame. But I'm not sure how to fix it ...

By brute force: add .txt to the file extensions :)

Cheers,
- Tobi

Regtested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Ok for trunk?

Secondly, regarding the patch: It looks OK. However, I wonder whether one cannot short-cut the recursion if the parent-type of an abstract type is not abstract. In this case, the checks should have been performed already for the parent type, shouldn't they?

Ah, yes. Actually I think you're right. The attached new version does this. I will commit after another regtest.

Cheers,
Janus

2010-05-21 Janus Weil<janus@gcc.gnu.org>

       PR fortran/44213
       * resolve.c (ensure_not_abstract): Allow abstract types with
       non-abstract ancestors.

2010-05-21 Janus Weil<janus@gcc.gnu.org>

       PR fortran/44213
       * gfortran.dg/abstract_type_7.f03: New.