gfortran link Visual Studio 2008 C object file

Hi,

I was trying to use gfortran to link a fortran main program with a C
object file compiled with Visual Studio 2008, but failed to do this.
It looks like gfortran doesn't recognize the C function name whether
or not with an appended underscore. Also, I am not quite sure about
which C library I should use, and for now, I am still using gcc
library. Does anyone have any experience on this? Thanks very much!

Yu