Re: Announcement: linux x86_64 builds on gfortran.org

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 00:08, Manfred Schwarb <manfred99@gmx.ch> wrote:
> The builds are done in an OpenSUSE 10.3 environment using glibc 2.6.1,
> so they should be usable also on enterprise distributions and for
> people with somewhat aged linux installations.

I don't think so. For RHEL (and clones thereof) the latest release (5)
has glibc 2.5, and RHEL4 is still in somewhat widespread use, with
glibc 2.3. For SLES, the latest release (11) might have a new enough
glibc, but at least SLES10 is stuck with 2.4.

(If I were in the business of providing binary builds, I'd setup a
CentOS 4 virtual machine; RHEL/CentOS 3 is still around, but end of
life is only 6 months away, so I wouldn't bother with that.)

--
Janne Blomqvist