Re: PR 40989: Fix Wimplicit

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Manuel López-Ibáñez
<lopezibanez@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem here is that group options (options that enable other
> options) are not handled correctly when enabled by -Werror=. The
> following patch fixes this issue for Wimplicit but also adds the
> infrastructure to fix it for all other options. When
> enabling/disabling an option, we should always use the new
> process_option function.
>
> In the future, we should be able to generate the calls to
> process_option automatically from the .opt files.
>
> Bootstrapped and regression tested on x86_64-linux-gnu. OK?

-Wimplicit actually does not make sense for C++, so C++ should not
be named here (and I guess ObjC++ by extension.)

It seems to me that this is warning is valid only for the C-family language.
Rename 'lang_mask' to 'c_family_mask' or 'c_family_lang_mask'.

the addition of the name 'process_option' to 'handle_option' is a bit confusing.
I would suggest to rename process_option to broadcast_user_option.

Otherwise, looks good.