Re: cvf/ivf fortran project I'd like to "convert" to gfortran

Tobias Burnus wrote:
Steven Bosscher wrote:
Unfortunately, the project has source files that contain USE
statements looking for the portability modules "IFPORT" or
"DFPORT." I'm not at all sure what features/functions of "PORT"
modules are needed. Is there an equivalent "PORT" module for
gfortran. Can you suggest a work-around?
DFPORT is the DEC Fortran portability library. Intel's Fortran
compiler has historic links to the DEC compiler, and apparently they
still have this library, just renamed Intel Fortran portability
library i.e. IFPORT.

I think DFPORT/IFPORT is based on the withdrawn IEEE standard "POSIX Fortran 77 Language Interfaces (IEEE Std 1003.9-1992)", which allows a Fortran program to access the system beyond the means defined in the Fortran standard. DFPORT/IFPORT wrap those in nice modules and probably add some more procedures. (NAG's f90_* modules are another way to make POSIX functions accessible.)

I don't think that's right. I'll have to check my documentation when I get in to school, but I believe the F77 Posix interface is a different module, something like IFPOSIX or the like. The IFPORT/DFPORT is just a number of convenience routines. Again, I'd have to get to school and check my code to be sure, but I think one thing I use out of that module is SLEEP.