Re: GCC 4.5 Status Report (2010-03-15)

On 03/15/10 10:18, Richard Guenther wrote:
Status
======

The trunk is still in stage 4 which means it is open under the usual
release branch rules.  Thus the trunk is open for regression and
documentation fixes only.

There are currently 16 P1 bugs that block the release.  If you are
assigned to any P1 GCC 4.5 regression please either work on them
or unassign yourself.  We have been in stage 4 for three and a half
month now, so you can expect that some bugs that are now P1 will
be downgraded to P2 at the point a release candidate is made
available, simply to not block the release of 4.5.0 forever.
As maintainers do not care for P1 bugs in their maintainance area
so will the release managers not consider them P1.

The following is a list of P1 GCC 4.5 regressions that look serious
enough to myself to ping them explicitly here:

  42509, arm-gnueabi doesn't bootstrap but is a primary target
  43873, var-tracking deadlocks
  43087, C++ ICE in tsubst
  43206, C++ ICE in cp/pt.c:9249
  43300, ICE during SSA expand
  43333, C++ __is_pod is broken
  43365, EH lowering/optimization causes wrong-code
  43375, ICE caused by the new vector type mangling

Overall GCC 4.5 does not look bad. But we are still sorting out
VTA related bugs (and improvements as it appears to me).
FWIW, it might be helpful to include the list of _all_ P1s in these reports -- there may be people that have some time to help out, but don't know precisely which bugs are the most critical right now.

Jeff