Name that namelist contest

Hi all,

Currently our default namelist behaviour allows extended reads. In other words, reading extra data beyond that specified by the array qualifiers in the namelist file.

We turn off this behaviour with -std=f95 or higher. I am thinking the extended reads should be allowed with -std=legacy and have -std=gnu use the non extended reads as default.

Any opinions?

While waiting for reply, I will be thinking to see if I can conjure up another approach. (this is PR43228 for those wondering why this has come up.)

Cheers,

Jerry