Re: svn checkout: Network connection closed unexpectedly

> But when I use svn+ssh with my username:
>
> svn co svn+ssh://janus@gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk trunk
>
> it fails with the message:
>
> svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly
>
> The same happens when I try to relocate a working copy from svn to
> svn+ssh. I'm using svn version 1.6.5.

Ok. Solved by downgrading to an older svn version (1.6.3), which has
much more verbose error messages. It instantly told me that my private
key file had the wrong permissions (I had the backup on a FAT
partition).

Question is why the error messages in newer svn releases are
completely free of any helpful information. [Maybe I should report
this bug to the svn people.]

Anyway, sorry for the noise. At least I hope this helps anyone who
runs into similar trouble.

Cheers,
Janus