Re: Binary download sites

Bud Davis wrote:
--- On Fri, 2/19/10, François-Xavier Coudert <fx.coudert@chimie-paristech.fr> wrote:
Download statistics for one week from quatramaran.ens.fr:

   1026 gfortran-windows.exe
    229 gfortran-macosx-x86.dmg
    237 gfortran-4.5-linux-i686.tar.gz
    144 gfortran-4.5-Cygwin-i686.tar.bz2
     11 gfortran-macosx-ppc.dmg

So, as you can see, we still have a significant number of
downloads, especially for the Windows installer.

FX

wow.  i had no idea.  that is 10 times more than I ever expected.
maybe we do need binaries :)

Obviously we need to update the gfortrran-windows.exe . I have one offlist response from someone who may be able to take this on a regular basis and host downloads out of another university server.

It would be very nice to maintain these download statistics as well. Any thoughts FX?

Jerry