Re: Strange behaviour with inquire function

Hi Denis and Tobias,

thank you for your reply. Indeed, I was a little bit fuzzy in my previous mail.

In fact, the "failure" occurs at runtime in the sense that the EXIST output argument is False when I expected it to be True
for an existing directory. The version of gfortran I use is 4.5.0 and I downloaded it from the gofrtran website. I use it on cmd
environment. I think that I understood your explication Tobias, but why:

inquire(file = '\\MYDIR', exist = exist) gives False

while

inquire(file='Y:\MYDIR', exist = exist), where Y is the drive letter mapped to the network directory, gives True ?

I probably miss something concerning file system ...

Eric

Dennis Wassel a Ãcrit :
Hi Eric,