Re: Need higher resolution times for linpack benchmark

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 03:35:27PM -0800, Delbert Franz wrote:
> it only returns values to the millisecond.  Both the string and the integer
> vector cutoff at millisecond values.  So far I have found no intrinsic routine
> that returns more than millisecond resolution.  That was OK years ago but now
> the linpack benchmark cases are computed so rapidly that we need close to
> a 100 times greater resolution.  Seems to me that CPU_TIME should do it but
> either it is broken or was never designed to have that resolution.
>
> Aside from researching how to call the C routine suggested by another
> response to this question, I don't see any gfortran routine that meets
> the requirements.

ROTFL.  The linpack benchmarks were written "years ago".

CPU_TIME, if you read the description, is processor dependent.
Your OS doesn't provide sufficient resolution in its getrusage
implementation.  Switch to an OS that gives you what you want.

--
Steve