Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 40941: gfc_typespec: put derived, cl and interface into union

> I admire the intestinal fortitude that was required to do this. ?All
> to get rid of one TODO!

Ah, come on. It was not *that* hard. Unless you would want to change
it all by hand ...

>> I'm not quite sure if it would be possible to also put 'interface'
>> into the union (will investigate). If yes, this could be done in a
>> follow-up patch.
>
> Surely not? ?Isn't this going to mess up functions?

I guess you're right. Maybe it could be done if one would put in some
effort, but that's probably not worth it.

>> The patch is regtested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. I will write a
>> ChangeLog soon (although I'm not looking forward to it).
>
> I propose that with the exception of the above non-mechanical changes,
> you indicate the files that have been modified and say that all
> occurrences of ts.cl and ts.derived have been modified to accommodate
> the union, which should be described in the gfortran.h entry.
>
> OK for trunk
>
> Thanks for the patch.

Thanks for the review.

Cheers,