Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 40941: gfc_typespec: put derived, cl and interface into union

Dear Janus,

I admire the intestinal fortitude that was required to do this.  All
to get rid of one TODO!

> * decl.c (build_struct)
> * symbol.c (gfc_get_default_type)
> * resolve.v (resolve_symbol, resolve_fl_derived, resolve_equivalence,
> resolve_equivalence_derived)

Pick these out in the ChangeLog.

> I'm not quite sure if it would be possible to also put 'interface'
> into the union (will investigate). If yes, this could be done in a
> follow-up patch.

Surely not?  Isn't this going to mess up functions?

> The patch is regtested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. I will write a
> ChangeLog soon (although I'm not looking forward to it).

I propose that with the exception of the above non-mechanical changes,
you indicate the files that have been modified and say that all
occurrences of ts.cl and ts.derived have been modified to accommodate
the union, which should be described in the gfortran.h entry.

OK for trunk

Thanks for the patch.

Paul