Re: Fwd: Precompiled gfortran on Linux - libmpfr problem

On 08/11/2009 05:42 AM, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
On 08/09/2009 11:07 PM, FX wrote:
Are you still the "maintainer" of the gfortran automatic binaries?

No, I'm not. I'm forwarding your message to the GNU Fortran mailing-list.

When I downloaded 32-bit Linux gfortran 4.5 from

quatramaran.ens.fr/~coudert/gfortran/gfortran-4.5-linux-i686.tar.gz

and tried to run it I got the error

/home/rheald/gfortran-4.5/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.0/f951:

error while loading shared libraries: libmpfr.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

The is despite the fact that the Installation Instructions at

gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries32Linux

say "The package already contains the following additional libraries:
GMP Library, MPFR Library, Parma Polyhedra Library (PPL), and Chunky
Loop Generator (CLOOG)."

Yes, I managed to get the nightly build going and failed to update the wiki. You will have to install GMP and MPFR for your machine. Most distributions have these available. If you do not, they are easy to build.

If you are still stuck, I will send you the library files and when I get
time I will incorporate into the nightly build.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jerry

I have completed the update of the gfortran wiki. If I have made an error, please feel free to fix it or let me know.

Regards,

Jerry