Re: preprocessor token "#" doesn't work in gfortran as in gcc, intel-fortran or sun-fortran compiler

Steve Kargl wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 06:58:02PM +0200, Maik Beckmann wrote:
Tim Prince schrieb am Mittwoch 10 Juni 2009 um 18:42:
As far as I know, gfortran, and later versions of g77, invoke tradcpp, the
same as 'gcc -traditional' does.  tradcpp doesn't support C99 or C++, and
doesn't break Fortran string concatenation.  In order to support
installations where the default gnu Fortran version is likely to be broken
(or the name of it varies), some of my customers use the 'gcc -traditional
-x c' command to pre-process .F
The gcc maintainers decided to support the distinctions by providing the
separate tradcpp.
Is there a command line switch to force gfortran to use the current gcc cpp?

No. See cpp.c.

One could do the preprocessing and compilation in two steps, i.e. gcc -E source.F -o source.f gfortran source.f should do what you want.

Cheers,
- Tobi