Re: Ping! Re: [patch, libgfortran] PR37754 [4.4 Regression] READ I/O Performance regression from 4.3 to 4.4/4.5

Jerry DeLisle wrote:
Jack Howarth wrote:
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:23:15PM +0300, Janne Blomqvist wrote:
Jerry DeLisle wrote:
Jerry DeLisle wrote:
The attached patch is a backport of the I/O performance patches and associated fixes from trunk.

Regression tested on x86-64.

OK for 4.4. This will close out the PR.
I am staged and ready to pull the trigger on this. Need an approval. :)
Ok.

I'm not completely comfortable with this, it's a pretty large set of changes. However, they seem to have worked surprisingly well on trunk. Or perhaps people are using trunk less now that the released versions are good enough for most purposes..

--
Janne Blomqvist

Has anyone actually tried to bootstrap gcc 4.4 with the proposed patch? I had a rather cryptic error from make when trying to build it against Saturday's gcc 4.4 branch on x86_64-apple-darwin9. Without the proposed patch, gcc 4.4 branch built fine. Jack

Please accept my apology. I missed some hunks related to xtoa and itoa functions that were moved or renamed to gfc_xtoa and gfc_itoa.

The attached patch corrects all this and is what I will commit. I regression tested and NIST tested again just to be sure.

Jerry

Sending        ChangeLog
Sending        io/fbuf.c
Sending        io/file_pos.c
Sending        io/format.c
Sending        io/intrinsics.c
Sending        io/io.h
Sending        io/list_read.c
Sending        io/open.c
Sending        io/read.c
Sending        io/transfer.c
Sending        io/unit.c
Sending        io/unix.c
Sending        io/write.c
Sending        io/write_float.def
Sending        libgfortran.h
Sending        runtime/backtrace.c
Sending        runtime/error.c
Transmitting file data .................
Committed revision 147887.

The deed is done.

Jerry