Re: [patch, partial, fortran-dev] Macroize array descriptor accesses in the library

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Koenig wrote:
this is a partial take on macroizing the array descriptor accesses in
the library.  Regression-tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.

If possible, I would like to have a review and to commit to the
fortran-dev branch now, because

- I would like some more input on the approach

This seems to be a good approach, according to my opinion.

- Introducing this in parts will make it easier to spot any regressions

- I might not have the time to implement all (array descriptor access
  is done in *lots* of places in the library), and I would like a
  template in place so somebody else can do parts

OK for the branch? I promise I'll add a ChangeLog.dev entry, too :-)

Ok with me; but you may want to get some other input about your approach first if you want ;)

BTW, it seems you formatted your macro calls like this:

GFC_DESCRIPTOR_STRIDE(abc,0)

wouldn't the usual syntax be (for function calls at least)

GFC_DESCRIPTOR_STRIDE (abc, 0)

? But I guess it's not that strict here for the macros, so that just as an aside.

Thanks for this work!

Daniel