Re: Linking libgfortran with libiberty

+1. If libgfortran includes a custom allocator of any sort (does it?)
instead of using malloc/free, it should use valgrind hooks like those we
already have in GCC.

libgfortran uses malloc/free.

Regarding valgrind, it's not supported on all GCC targets, so it's not a valid alternative to our proposal. I can understand that you have objections based on licence issues to make to that patch, but I'm sure the gfortran maintainers are the best people to make the decision of whether this patch is a good thing for the project (and much demanded by the community); they have already made that choice, so we should focus on talking about how to work around the current licence issue.

FX