Re: [fortran-dev, patch] Split formatted read and write transfer function

Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> For these I/O patches, it has been helpful for me to merge various
> patches. I think after some testing on fortran-dev we can backport all
> of the IO changes to trunk.
If possible, I would like to see  fortran-dev -> trunk merges in smaller
chunks and not as big blob. For instance, I have the feeling that
Janne's patch could be now applied to the trunk.

(In terms of testing, I have to admit that I didn't do much testing, yet.)

> Then, I think the array descriptor changes should go to fortran-dev,
> again to provide opportunity for multiple people to combine and
> collaborate. This way we keep the trunk fairly stable at all times.
I agree that the array-descriptor work should go on the trunk.

Something which should be done at some point (and regularly) is to merge
the trunk to the fortran-dev branch. See:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.html

Tobias