Re: gfortran error libgfortran.so.3 cannot open shared object file

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 04:17:39PM -0800, Sankaranarayanan Subbayya wrote:
> I had another version of gfortran that came with the computer
>
> GNU Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-52)
>
> GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
> You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
> under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
> For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING
>
> In order to use the recent version of gfortran I installed I used export PATH=/usr/gcc-trunk/bin:$PATH
>
> Any ideas to resolve the error "libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" would be appreciated.

1) Remove all vestiges of gfortran 4.1.1 from your system.

2) Remove all vestiges of gfortran that you installed from your system.

3) Download the appropriate gfortran version from the gfortran wiki.

4) Install the downloaded versioni and run ldconfig.

5) Inspection your shared library patch via ldconfig.

--
Steve