Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 38324 Wrong array bounds for array implicit sections of derived components

Mikael Morin wrote:
> The patch is obvious.
> It is impacting a very sensitive function (gfc_conv_expr_descriptor).
> It is changing a harmless part of it (deciding whether to keep the
> descriptor).
> It is regtested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.

(For completeness: Did you only run "make check-gfortran" or also "make
check" in "libgomp"? I think the latter should be included, though I
don't expect a failure for this change.)
> Ok for 4.4?
> One can wait a bit to decide, so that there is nothing left to decide ;).

I'm not deciding this today - Paul, do you want to do review this? - but
I want to mention that the patch looks reasonable (I did not check it in
depth) and that gfortran+patch passes the very incomplete u_f90_ts_lite
testsuite plus some other, not heavily {l,u}bound using code.

Tobias

PS: There are still two P1 regressions, which have non-checked-in, OKed
patches. The old register allocator needs still to be removed (OKed
patch) and the copyright exemption for the library will still be
changed. I assume there will be no 4.4 freeze until tomorrow afternoon
(Europe time) and likely not before Friday (maybe on Friday?). Of cause,
I can be off by weeks in both directions ;-)